Monday, May 13, 2019

Camtasia" as a new concept I learned.


Camtasia is one of the constructive tools that help us to construct our own knowledge or produce anything that we want to. It makes the learners more active and engaged fostering critical thinking and creating motivation to learn independently. It is a screen recorder and a video maker and editor. I found that it helps us in creating powerful, interactive, and professional videos that are useful to us. 

I have also learned that it supports us (learners) to manipulate information, visualize one’s understanding, and we can construct one’s own idea. It is multimedia authoring tool where we can record our voice, record PowerPoint presentation makes our own video and can be published.

There are steps to record PowerPoint presentation or record screen. The following are the steps for recording.

1. From within PPT

- Click on Add-ins option

- Then record.

From within Camtasia Studio

- There is task list shown, so click on record the screen option.

- Then, select record PP option.

2. After setting up for recording

- Recording toolbars will appear- click on recording option icon to set up specific options for recording.

3. During recording

- Click record to launch the slideshow.

- Check the microphone input level and when ready, select the click to begin recording.

- Control the PPT normally during the recording.

- Press ESC or Ctrl+shift+F10 to stop recording.

4. After recording

- Choose whether to stop recording or to continue recording.

- After you save the file, choose to produce or edit your recording.


I really liked using this constructive tool because I can plan and record videos on my computer screen. So, by using these steps I made one video tutorial on ‘How animal adapt in their habitat’. I would say that I really enjoyed using camtasia and I have learned a lot on how to use it when I go as a teacher in the school which can help me in making my classroom learning more engaging and fun.
Given video is a video tutorial that I made using camtasia for class four science on How animal adapt in their habitat


Camtasia is one of the constructive tools that help us to construct our own knowledge or produce anything that we want to. It makes the learners more active and engaged fostering critical thinking and creating motivation to learn independently. It is a screen recorder and a video maker and editor. I found that it helps us in creating powerful, interactive, and professional videos that are useful to us. 
I have also learned that it supports us (learners) to manipulate information, visualize one’s understanding, and we can construct one’s own idea. It is multimedia authoring tool where we can record our voice, record PowerPoint presentation makes our own video and can be published.

There are steps to record PowerPoint presentation or record screen. The following are the steps for recording.

1. From within PPT

- Click on Add-ins option

- Then record.

From within Camtasia Studio

- There is task list shown, so click on record the screen option.

- Then, select record PP option.

2. After setting up for recording

- Recording toolbars will appear- click on recording option icon to set up specific options for recording.

3. During recording

- Click record to launch the slideshow.

- Check the microphone input level and when ready, select the click to begin recording.

- Control the PPT normally during the recording.

- Press ESC or Ctrl+shift+F10 to stop recording.

4. After recording

- Choose whether to stop recording or to continue recording.

- After you save the file, choose to produce or edit your recording.


I really liked using this constructive tool because I can plan and record videos on my computer screen. So, by using these steps I made one video tutorial on ‘How animal adapt in their habitat’. I would say that I really enjoyed using camtasia and I have learned a lot on how to use it when I go as a teacher in the school which can help me in making my classroom learning more engaging and fun.
Given video is a video tutorial that I made using camtasia for class four science on How animal adapt in their habitat.
 Given below is an example of the video tutorial that I have created using Camtasia on the topic 'How animals adapt in their habitat'







6 comments:

  1. Nicely reflected author with a clear steps on how to go about recording screen using camtasia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have reflected it beautifully. the video seems much more relevant to the topic you have mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written and i too learnt this camtasia for the first time and your reflection even helped me to know more on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well reflected. When you edit and produced your video, you used all the features of camtasia studio. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Dechen!!! i liked your idea of giving all the steps to produce video using camtesia app. if someone is in hunt for this topic, i think your blog can suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing such a valuable reflection on usage of camtasia. i liked your idea of giving all the steps to produce video using camtasia app.

    ReplyDelete