Microsoft Office PowerPoint meets the flexibility in use of principle since it provides a variety of choices with contrasting themes of PowerPoint. This technology is equitable in use since it can be used for variety of reasons. It can be used for presentations, for lessons plans, speeches, projects, a visual representation, portfolios, and much more. After attending FIT 101 in first year, I have not only improved lots of skill on making presentation but I also gained confidence to present content. In the classes we have learnt how to make PowerPoint presentation, under that we have learnt about the use of standard font size, color combination between back ground and the font color, adding graphics, design templates and also adding animation too.
During my first year, before I started making PowerPoint presentation on a story ’’ The Nightingale and the rose’’, I really didn’t know the amount of work that would go into a presentation. I thought I could put together a presentation in 20 minutes and look over it once and be ready to present it. It was my first PowerPoint presentation to be made in my life, because back then in school, I didn’t get chance to prepare this type of presentation instead we wrote in chart papers and on top I was an economic student. I now know that this isn’t realistic if you want to make a good presentation. I had made lots of presentation during my three and half year stay in college which made me improve my presentations as well as made it more effective using visual aids, videos, and slide containing only small bullet points than putting up all the explanations.
After joining Paro College of Education, the knowledge on use of Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation was very useful to me with regards of designing effective PowerPoint Presentation and delivery too. When I was in my teaching practice at Zilukha Middle Secondary School, Thimphu, I have seen many teachers using Microsoft PowerPoint for teaching and learning. They have separate room as Audio Visual classroom where they make their presentation and it is found to be effective for learners as well as for teachers. Since some teachers do not know how to make effective PowerPoint Presentation, I was much help to those teachers in making the presentation slides and what are the things that are necessary to be included in the presentation. And likewise I also used PowerPoint Presentation in classroom teaching and learning where students are found to learn effectively and keenly unlike in normal teaching and learning classrooms.
I learnt that slides do not always have to be flashy and colorful. Too many graphics and color can distract the students. The key to success is to make certain your slide show is a visual aid and not a visual distraction. Another distraction can be too much content on one slide. It should be not more than six lines per slide and not more than seven lines per sentence.
Given below is the link that you can refer to design an Effective PowerPoint Presentation in your daily life.

Nice one and i think it will be beneficial for others or person who is in the process of learning how to use Microsoft power point and by looking at the requirements that you have given link to access.And I hope you will teach your students what you know about it in future.
ReplyDeletewell written reflection as you used simple language. it is easy to understand and i could learn new thing from reading your reflection. as we have been using power point and it will be worth throughout our teaching career.
ReplyDeletebeautifully expressed your feelings on the importance of Micro Soft Power point Presentation. I too think that micro soft power point is very important being as teacher. Great wok
ReplyDeleteDechen I really like your reflection. It was worth reading.
ReplyDeleteWow! well reflected, and author its good to see that you not only used power point presentation in your teaching but you even lend your hand in preparing effective power point presentation.
ReplyDelete